Before returning home following a hospital stay, some patients require professional rehabilitation services to restore lost mobility due to an illness, accident, or surgery. As part of CentraState Healthcare System, The Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center provides a seamless transition between hospital and home, with expert rehabilitation services designed to restore functionality and optimal quality of life.
Patients work one-on-one with our certified rehabilitation specialists, usually twice each day, using state-of-the-art equipment and an activities of daily living area that replicates tasks performed at home. Our team provides:
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Speech therapy
- Aphasia and swallowing therapy for stroke patients
- Recreation therapy, including leisure activities to life spirits and improve overall function
The Manor provides specialized care for patients with a wide range of rehabilitation needs, including those with:
- Neurological conditions, such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, or Parkinson’s disease
- Orthopedic injuries
- Joint replacement, including hip, knee, or shoulder replacement
- Cancer-related conditions
- Trauma related to accident or illness
- Functional decline
- Musculoskeletal problems
Our physicians, nurses, and therapists are skilled in treating patients with co-existing complex medical conditions, such as congestive heart failure, pulmonary conditions, and lymphedema.
Patients admitted for short-term rehabilitation reside in a dedicated wing of our facility. Rooms are semi-private, and have television and telephone service is available. Short-term rehabilitation patients are encouraged to enjoy lunch in our rehab café, which offers daily meal specials as well as an always available selection.
Effective rehabilitation strategies.
Just as every patient is unique, so is each rehabilitation therapy plan. Supervised by a staff of physicians specializing in rehabilitation medicine, our therapy team develops individualized treatment plans focused on returning each patient to the maximum level of functioning in the home setting:
- Planning begins while the patient is still hospitalized, with an evaluation of therapy needs and rehabilitation goals.
- Therapy focuses on practical, functionally oriented activities.
- Day-to-day progress is monitored closely by therapists, and the full clinical team meets weekly to evaluate each patient’s progress.
- Prior to discharge, our therapists conduct a home evaluation to make recommendations on optimizing the living environment.
- Educational programs help patients and their families better understand the recovery and rehabilitation process.
Involving family and friends.
We understand the importance of involving family and friends in a patient’s recovery, and we encourage family participation in the rehabilitation plan and treatment. We establish family conferences with each patient’s entire care team and review care planning and therapy on a regular basis.
A smooth transition home.
The planning process to transition home begins from the moment patients arrive for short-term rehabilitation. Our social workers provide education about the rehabilitation process, guidance with insurance and financial information, and assistance in identifying and accessing any resources patients might need at home.