The health and safety of our residents has always been and will always be our top priority. To continue caring for our residents in the safest environment possible, we are exceeding guidelines given by the NJ Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
COVID-19 Outbreak Response Plan
The primary purpose of The Manor Health and Rehabilitation Outbreak Response Plan is to outline a course of action to follow if a pandemic outbreak occurs. This plan helps to ensure the safety of all residents and staff in the event of an outbreak.
View our full COVID-19 Outbreak Response Plan here.
For urgent calls or complaints please call 732-303-5061 or email Tdavis@centrastate.com
Enhanced Safety Protocols
- All staff members are screened for COVID-19 symptoms daily, including temperature checks. Staff are required to wear masks at all times.
- All residents are screened for COVID-19 symptoms daily. Residents are asked to wear masks if they can when in close contact with the staff or other residents.
- Staff and residents are being tested for COVID-19 in accordance with the NJDOH guidelines.
- All staff members are equipped with the necessary PPE, including N-95, KN-95, and surgical masks, gloves, face shields/goggles, gowns, and hand sanitizer.
- Residents meals are delivered to their rooms – communal dining is available at this time with distancing and Plexiglas dividers.
- Group activities are held outside when weather permits and inside with social distancing guidelines in place and masks worn at all times in accordance with NJDOH guidelines.
- High touch areas are regularly sanitized.
All indoor visitation is allowed in accordance with the NJDOH guidelines.
Visitors are asked to screen, maintain proper hand hygiene and wear a well-fitting mask if able, when in public areas. Visitors are asked to stay with their loved one in the room until the visit is over and they leave the building.